Breast Cancer Awareness – Clinical Breast Exams Program for young women (20-39 years old) relates to screening of the general population and includes a clinical examination by specialized surgeons of the Greek Breast Surgery Society.
The aim of the program
The aim of the program is
- breast cancer awareness for young women,
- aknowledgement of the importance of early diagnosis
- provision of clinical breast examination for free.
Through the program, women have the opportunity to experience the process of clinical examination and to be informed by a specialist for the health of their breast.
If deemed necessary by the doctor, women are referred for additional free tests (mammography, ultrasound or cytological exam) in diagnostic centers.
Let’s talk numbers
During the program from 2011 to 2015:
- 1350 women were examined
- 761 women were referred for further tests
- 1 case of breast cancer was detected