Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer “Alma Zois” was founded in 1988 by breast cancer survivors, who aspired to offer the necessary emotional support to every breast cancer patient, in order to help her deal with her illness and achieve a better quality of life. Every Association’s member, as well as the Board of Directors, are breast cancer survivors.
The Association’s vision is to enhance breast cancer awareness in Greece, increase early detection, offer psychosocial support and inform breast cancer patients about their labor rights and social benefits.
Our motto is life with quality!
Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer Alma Zois was founded with a single goal:
The fight against breast cancer
- We want to eliminate the ignorance about the disease and how to prevent it.
- We want patients to have appropriate support.
- We want everyone to know that there is life and life quality during thebreast cancer journey and after it.
- We want our message to reach every corner of Greece, to any woman who is worried or is going through her own fight with breast cancer.
The founders met in a hospital .
The diagnosis was the same: Breast Cancer .
Breast Cancer brought them together .
They had common experiences , common concerns and the same passion for life.
As fighters , they defeated cancer. And the fight became life purpose .
In 1988 , at a time when breast cancer was a taboo , the fighters joined forces, with the support of a social worker, creating the Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer” Alma Zois “.
Today, 28 years later, the Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer ” Alma Zois ” is the largest Association of Women with Breast Cancer in Greece.
Our people are working together in order to help more women.
Currently the Association consists of:
- 1500 members
- 150 trained volunteers
- 23 members of Scientific Committee
- 7 membered Board of Directors
- 7 professionals. Experienced psychologists – psychotherapists and social workers can support both the same woman as algae family members free for as long as necessary, to improve the quality of life.
The board of Directors
- President: Cleopatra Gavriilidou
- Vice President: Eleftheria Kourenta
- Secretary : Paraskevi Michalopoulou
- Paymaster: Andriani Chapela
- Members: Vasiliki Yohai , Theodora Duman, Iris – Irene Argiris
- Alternate Members : Zografia Kimperi, Athena Andrianopoulou